Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Yard Sale Update!


As many of you know, we have now had a total of three yard sales to help raise money for the adoption. This past weekend was the last of the three sales. Holly and I have been overwhelmed at the amount of stuff that people have given to us to sell in the yard sales. I am also amazed at the dedication of Val, Wayne, Ron, Donna, and others that helped make this last yard sale go smoothly despite the 200 degree heat! While I was gone to camp, the aforementioned people worked from Tuesday on to get ready for a two day sale. Their efforts did pay off! We raised nearly $3,000 for Isabella!!! There are so many people that we need to thank for helping make this such a success: the Seavers, Dunaways, Stewarts, Griggs, and sooooo many others. We were able to raise 1,900 by the end of the sale, and then, just when we thought that things were over, someone came back to the Holly's parents house and bought a truck that her parents were selling to help with the adoption! When all was said and done, we were able to put $2,900 in Isabella's account! This, coupled with a great donation from my parents as a gift for my graduation has allowed us to come within $5,000 of our final goal! We are humbled by the way that everyone has helped us out in this journey. We can now say that we have raised $25,000 in 6 months! This is nothing short of a miracle! I remember going to our first adoption seminar and telling the hostess at the door that I would love to adopt a child but the amount of money needed for the adoption is something that made me nervous. She looked right back at me and said, "if God wants you to adopt a child, you will be able to do it. I have never seen anyone not finish an adoption because of money. Don't let the money be the thing that stops you." Looking back, that hostess was right. I don't know where this money has come from exactly, but it is there. We still have a large amount ahead of us to raise, but it is nothing compared to what we needed when we started. Thanks again to all those that have helped us out! To you I say "puede la paz de Dios, nunca dejarte solo!"

Shalom.

No comments: