Friday, June 09, 2006

Parenting Update


Perhaps this post should change names with the previous post. I guess this is a parenting/paperwork update. A couple of weeks ago, I was surprised to look in the bathroom and see the usual roll of toilet paper with an unusual print. I quickly inquired as to why my toilet paper now has paw prints and a dog on it. The answer is this: it will help me become a better father. I want to be the best possible father that I can be. I have already gone through the hypothetical drills with Holly of what to do if I need to change Isabella in public and Holly cannot be found. I have a plan of discipline set up (thanks to our home study). Holly and I have even picked out the school that we would like her to go to (that's elementary, not college). However, the one thing I had never thought about was how to teach her how much toilet paper to use! How could I have missed this! Thanks to the marketing genius of the now richer toilet paper manufacturers, I know the recommended amount of toilet paper to use during each usage. Here's how it works: you show the toilet paper to your child and have them unroll it until they see the dog appear. When the dog appears, tear! It's that simple! I can't believe that I almost had a daughter living in my house with my toilet paper unpreparedness. Thanks toilet paper people, you really saved me on this one!

UPDATE: after practicing with the recommended dosage of toilet paper, I do believe that the recommended amount exceeds that which is necessary for usage. Could it be that the tp people are simply trying to make us use more tp by teaching our children excessive usage habits?! Tis something to consider.

Shalom.

No comments: