
First of all...happy one month birthday Isa! (As of tomorrow 10/26) It seems like it has been a while since we have been down to Guatemala. We are still waiting on some updates from our foster mother. We are supposed to receive two updates per month plus pictures from Isabella's monthly doctor's appointment. We are a little bit frustrated that we haven't received any information yet but understand that our main contacts from our adoption agency have been down in Guatemala for a while. Hopefully we will have some updates to give everyone very soon.
We were able to send some clothes down to Isa about a week ago. You are able to send stuff down to your child at any time. However, the cost of shipping anything to Guatemala is great. What we do instead of sending things through fed ex is contact another family that is going down to Guatemala and then ship ziplock bags full of items to that family to then be delivered to our foster mom in Guatemala City. The system works great and saves a ton of money! (BTW we will be going down soon so if there are any FTCers that need some ziplocks taken down let me know!)
Now for the good news! We're trading our Turkey (see picture above) for some Pollo Campero! Holly and I just booked tickets tonight to go see our little girl over Thanksgiving! We will be gone the week of Thanksgiving (Mon - Fri). This trip will be a little different as the Westin (the hotel that our agency uses) is filled to capacity for the first two nights that we will be there. Thus, we will find ourselves in the Biltmore that is attached to the Westin for the first two nights, moving to the Westin for the final two nights. We are so excited about getting to go down over Thanksgiving! We have flights booked for Christmas (a whole two weeks with our baby! WOoooooHOOooooo) but were happily surprised to find out the possibility of going down over Thanksgiving! So, with that in mind, I must now go get some rest. Thanks to all that have followed us through our "mad dash" entries! Your comments and support have meant a great deal to Holly and I. I am thinking of trying to post a video "travelogue" online for our next trip. We'll see how it goes and I'll keep you informed of this possibility. Thanks again to all family and friends for your support!
Shalom,
Chris
1 comment:
Well Keena, that's a really long story. Yes we are back in AL and primarily for the adoption. I will post an update very soon to let everyone know what all has happened. This adoption has proven to be a wild ride as of late!
On another note, are you guys digging out of the snow ok? I am REALLY wanting to come see you guys and spend some quality time on the slopes! I have only skied once out there (in Loveland) and I love it! I have to go back!
Post a Comment