
It's official! We have now received our approval from immigration making us eligible to adopt a child and bring her back to the US! Needless to say, we are extremely excited! Here's the details of how we got to this point:
Some time ago we submitted a form to USCIS called the I-600a. This is the "advance application for the adoption of a foreign orphan" form. Don't let the name fool you. This is no ordinary "form." It is rather a compilation of documents that look at every aspect of your life and marriage. From the house you live in, to your medical history, to your salary, to everything else, it is all included in this. We have been a little nervous about receiving this form because we were under a strict deadline. As many of you know, Holly has recently accepted a job teaching at our alma mater, Southeastern University. Moving down to Southeastern means that we must leave the state in which we had our home study conducted. In this situation one of two things has to happen: either you begin again in the state in which you are moving and consequently place yourself several months back in the process, or you wait until you progress far enough along in the adoption that it doesn't matter. Well, we opted out for the second condition. The point in the adoption that is "far enough along" for us is the receipt of our I-171h. The I-171h is the official name for the approval of your I-600a. (Actually the Atlanta office uses a form called the I-797, but it is relatively the same thing) Well, that piece of paper came today! Only two weeks away from the deadline of me moving out of the house! Can you sense our relief? I sent Holly several text messages today to let her know of the good news. I guess I should apologize to the Spanish teacher that had to hear her phone keep going off. Sorry, but we are so excited! We both went out tonight about bought some clothes and things for Isabella. (Actually I bought her some toys too, but don't tell Holly) Well, I guess that's it for now. We are hoping that were are now only a few weeks away from seeing a picture of our little baby girl! Thanks to everyone that is praying for us and supporting us!
Isabella's Daddy,
Chris
1 comment:
You are so right. The next post proves that!
Post a Comment