Saturday, September 30, 2006

Pictures of Guatemala!

If you have come to this picture post first, please refer to the post "Estmas aqui en Guatemala" so you will know what's going on!

We know that the butterfly is the official sign of adoption. However, unofficially, the rainbow has become a sign for the adoption of Isabella. When Holly and I were going to our social worker's house to begin our homestudy we saw a double rainbow that seemed to announce to us that the process would progress as it should. A short time ago, we were told that we had a discrepency between our homestudy and our I-600a. We were distrought over this as it backed up the processing time and receipt of our I-797. I was talking with Holly about this problem as she was driving in Lakeland. She informed me that a rainbow had just appeared directly infront of her. Again, we believed that we would be ok. As you now know, we received our I-797 only a couple of days later! Friday as I was frantically leaving Huntsville, I looked in my rearview mirror and saw this rainbow. I had peace. I knew that God was going to watch out for me and my little girl. I wonder how many times in my life I have missed the rainbows?



The previous pictures are the result of Holly's late night Target run. I hope we have everything!



Beautiful isn't it?



The airport in Guatemala City. (Actually this is the old airport. The terminal is actually bigger, but not by much)



This is the view from our hotel room. Obviously the best view is of little Isabella inside the room!

No comments: