
What a weekend! In a previous post, I mentioned that Holly and I were now ready to complete the in-home visit portion of the home study. Well..here's the deal. Our agency that we are working with is based out of Dallas. Because of the distance between Huntsville and Dallas, our agency is working with another agency based in Alabama to complete our home study. The Alabama agency is located near Mobile. Again, Mobile is a long way away from Huntsville. So, after completing our initial application and clearance and such, the agency in Mobile assigned us a social worker that lives in North Alabama. We were in contact with this North Alabama social worker this past week. We have our first meeting with her on Tuesday night. (This should be a fun day. I have to leave Huntsville early Tuesday morning, drive to Cleveland for meetings, drive back to Huntsville that afternoon, pick up Holly, and the drive to Attalla.) After visiting with the social worker on Tuesday, our next meeting will be the in-home portion of the home study on April 29.
As a way of getting ready for the in-home visits, we spent this past weekend doing some much needed landscaping. We planted some boxwoods to hide the side of the house, some Gerber daisies (which we had as a foundation flower in our wedding) and misc. annuals.
There are two special plants that I am really proud of: the Hibiscus tree, and a Passion Vine that is in the back corner by the fence.One final note: I was able to use the working in the yard momentum to finally get started on my garden. It is relatively small but will contain brown Crowder peas, purple hull black eyed peas, zipper peas, lima beans, and (providing I can find them) white acre peas.
No comments:
Post a Comment