I know that our mailman, or mailwoman, must think that something weird is going on at our house. We have received quite a few letters at the house from the FBI and the Dept of Homeland Security. Our latest letters make up the bulk of this update. Here's where we're at: apparently we need another copy of my (Chris) birth certificate as well as another copy of our marriage license for the I-600a. Just a quick heads up to all of those out there that are wanting to adopt, use this website called vitalcheck.com and get plenty of copies of your important documents such as birth certificates and marriage licenses. We have already gone through about three to four each. It is much cheaper to order multiple documents on one order than to keep ordering individual documents. Our second hold up is our fingerprints for the I-600a. (ditto my remarks about fingerprints. Get at least five copies made when you have them made) We received a letter from INS stating that we have to go to Birmingham next Friday to have our fingerprints redone. This should be interesting. Finally, we have been saying that we are ready for our in home visits for the homestudy. Well, we are waiting for a clearance to come through regarding criminal history. (I know...we're scared right now. Ok not really.) But as soon as that happens, we'll be on our way to finishing this homestudy. Well, that's it for now. I'll try to make the next entry a little more exciting.
Shalom.
PS In case you we're wondering, I don't think blogger is too politically correct. It does not recognize the term "mailwoman" in the spell check.
PPS Blogger also does not recognize the term "blogger" in the spell check. Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment