Instead, I have recently become obsessed with film cameras. There is a certain quality to film that simply cannot be reproduced on video tape. I have, for the longest time, wanted a film camera, but thought that I couldn't afford one. Then, I did some reading about this film school out in California that begins teaching their students on old super 8 film cameras. After reading this, I remembered picking up an old film camera at the thrift store some time back. I was amazed to learn that the camera used at the film school is the exact one that I had obtained at the thrift store.
I checked it out and yup, it works fine. (It is the canon camera in the picture) I also have another Bell and Howell camera that I picked up that I haven't been able to get working. The latest news, however, is the Bell and Howell camera in the picture. I found it at an antique store this past weekend. It is in perfect condition. It also has the windup magazine that I wanted. (The only reasont that I can think of for wanting it, is that Mark used one in RENT.)Here's the point to all of this: I can't wait to get to Guatemala and pick up Isabella. Hopefully, my new found obsession with film cameras will provide the unique memories that can be enjoyed forever.
Shalom,
Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment