Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Isabella Music

The following post was inspired by my friend Nick. I read on Nick's blog that one of the things he loves doing is dancing with his little daughter. Well, I don't want to rip off Nick's idea, but I too am looking forward to being able to dance around the house with Isabella. Right now however, I am in the music planning phase since Isabella is not here yet. This is where I need everyone's help. I am putting together a song list of possible "dance with Isabella music" so that I can be ready when she gets here. The following list is what I have already in mind. Please feel free to post a comment with any suggestions. BTW, I am sorry but no Butterfly Kisses kind of music. Well, here's my list:

1. Counting Crows "Holiday in Spain" A little unorthodox pick, I know, and I'm sorry Nick to also pick a Counting Crows song, but Holly and I are absolutely in love with this song.

2. "Landed" by Ben Folds.

3. "Juke Box Blues" from the Walk the Line Soundtrack.

4. "A Long December" by Counting Crows.

5. Norah Jones "Sunrise."

6. "Always on Your Side" by Sheryl Crow

7. "Origin of the Species" by U2

8. The Beatles "Yesterday," and "I Want to Hold Your Hand."

9. Beck "Girl." This one is only a possibility. It may take the family a little time to grow into Beck's musical stylings.

10. Pretty much any song by the band Barenaked Ladies. Don't worry its just a name, all of the band members are guys and they keep their clothes on. They are from Canada where "Barenaked Ladies" translates into "Four Guys that have too much fun with their music."

That's pretty much all that I have right now. Please leave your ideas in the comments on this post!

2 comments:

Sib said...

I love this idea! We have special playlists for Maya on our itunes.

Here are my top picks:

1. "Over the Rainbow-Wonderful World"--from the Meet Joe Black soundtrack, performed by Harold Arlen, George Weiss, and Bob Thiele

2. "Send Me on My Way" by Rusted Root

3. Any Norah Jones--especially the first three months of adjusting to sleep patterns :)

4. and "Feeling Good" by Michael Buble---DEFINITELY a daddy song :)

Chris and Holly said...

Thanks for the help Sib! I will definitely check these out. Holly and I are in love with Norah Jones. Any excuse to listen to her is great! I forgot to mention Amos Lee and Dianna Krall. I think they might have some tunes that will help out.

Shalom