Day two is always better than day one. Last night we didn't sleep too much. Isabella had her second month immunizations just before we received her yesterday, consequently she didn't feel too good and only slept an hour or so. Holly ended up staying up with her from 10:30 - 4:00 and then I took the 4:00 - 10:00 shift. We didn't make it downstairs until noon and ended up getting a late lunch. After eating we walked out to the pool to see some of our friends from the "Mad Dash" crew that came down in September. It was so great to see them. We are supposed to have a reunion dinner with the other Mad Dashers tomorrow night. We came upstairs and sat in the family room and talked with other adoptive couples for quite some time. It was great to talk with everyone. However, there is a special bond that was shared with the Mad Dashers. We will always cherish those friendships.
We made a friend on the way to the hotel yesterday and saw her again at lunch today. She is a business woman from Costa Rica. She played with Isabella and seemed to really enjoy her company. The cool thing was that she brought her friend over to our table to say hi. It just so happens that her friend is the person at the Westin that books our hotel stays for the adoption agency. She offered to us whatever we needed to make sure that our stay this trip and in Christmas is great. She even gave us her cell number in case there was something that we needed right away! We feel so taken care of here. She also informed us that she was setting up a special room in the hotel where they are going to host our adoption agency for a special Thanksgiving dinner. She also informed us that they would decorate the hotel and family floor appropriately for Christmas. Let me just say that they definitely take Christmas seriously here. The plazas in the City are already decorated for Christmas. I know that it will be beautiful when we are here for Christmas!
Not too much going on today. We should have a more eventful day tomorrow. That's it for now. Isa is actually asleep so I think I will jump at the chance to catch some z's myself!
Shalom,
Chris
1 comment:
Felicidades! Felicidades! I'm so happy for you. Is there anything you would like to have for her when you return? archye@hotmail.com, I'll need an address even if it's the churches (if you feel that is safer) so that I can mail it to you all.
Post a Comment