
Some say it takes a village to raise a child, but raising $30K takes a really creative mom and a really generous community who willingly shows support. Thankfully, I am blessed with both.
I have always known my mom is super, but on Friday I found out what a JEWEL she really is...To help fundraise for the remaining costs of the adoption, she held a Crystal and Jewelry Sale at the Madison County Courthouse. Thanks to the hospitality of Judge Bell, we were able to set up the sale in a room on the 8th floor of the courthouse. Covering the tables with pink tablecloths, my mom arranged a spread of pieces donated by friends and family; these pieces were sold to willing buyers who came to shop all throughout the day, as well as pre-sales the day before. In addition to the crystal and jewelry, raffle tickets were available in hopes of winning an heirloom quilt donated by Kim (aka "Giggles"). Once again, people really went out of their way to show support. I'd like to say a special thanks to all of you who gave your cash so generously (you know who you are). The total from the sale (so far) is $522.00 and some people have still promised to pay next week. Isabella has many many new "aunts" that I can't wait for her to meet!
Stay tuned for the results of the raffle, sometime around Labor Day.
Thanks, mom; we couldn't do it without you!
--Holly
No comments:
Post a Comment