Friday, December 30, 2005

Wrap my baby in peace today.

There is a song in my heart today. The song is melodious and soft, loud and beautiful. Today I am envisioning what it will be like when I step outside of my Guatemalan hotel room and run to meet my baby halfway down the hall, before they can ever knock on my door because the excitement is so incredibly exciting, and one of those moments when my feet can't stay
still any longer. My baby is sweet, and chubby, and beautiful, and when I look into her eyes, the living God looks back at me.

I have had one moment in my life that I draw from to imagine what moving experience will be like...the day I met Princess Zulu, my heart felt more real than ever--pain, beauty, truth, suffering, compassion, joy, all of them, all at once, were, for the first time, evident to me--and when they say that Jesus felt all things when he was dying on the cross, that's what it felt like. I didn't even know it was possible until that day, but for a brief moment, less than one minute, eternity invaded my person and my soul danced with God (inclusive). I can compare to innocence--I am no longer a virgin because I have experienced too much at too deep a level; once touched so deeply, I will never be the same and I can never go back. Now Christ's compassion motivates my life.

Wow, somehow, I love a baby that I have never met before. I only can do this because I have myself been touched by the love of God. God's love is unmistakable, undeniable, and unforgettable.

Little bambino, today I feel an awesome love for you. You have already touched and changed my life. I no longer live for my self, but for something greater...my life continues so that your life may flourish. I can't wait until the day I hold you in my arms, and our souls mingle one with another. We will dance together, sing together, laugh together, cry together, and live...together, my beautiful little baby. May the peace of God never leave you alone. Love, your mommy.

Wrap my baby in peace today.

- Holly

No comments: