Friday, December 30, 2005

Holly's Adoption Journal From December 10, 2005 (The First Entry)

Today is an amazing day! Chris and I decided today that we are going to pursue adopting a baby girl from Guatemala. Let me show you how we came to this decision:

On Sunday, December 4, 2005, I sat in the "beautiful room" at College Park. It was raining and somewhat stormy that night. Our church Christmas Caroling event had been cancelled for the night due to weather. The last few visitors were exiting the "beautiful room" after Danielle and Seth's wedding shower. I sat with my two friends, Melissa and Angie, and we had a long talk about my options for parenthood.

The conversation moved toward adoption. Adoption is and always has been close to my heart. Chris and I knew from the start that we want to adopt one or more children, but we thought it would take place after we had a couple of kids biologically.

The event mentioned above brings us to a series of circumstances--rejecting the choice of fertility drugs, attending an adoption seminar, making the decision to adopt internationally--all leading us to our current state of pre-parenthood.

Baby, today I pray that God will allow you to experience his peace and grace each day of your life. You have been chosen, even though you may not yet be born. You have been hand selected by God to complete our family, and we wait with great excitement for your arrival. Already we love you. Already we care about you. We look forward to the day we can make a home with you. As I wait with patience, little girl, I grow in anticipation. When I look into your eyes, I know I will see Jesus. Oh, little child of God, be at peace tonight. Love, your forever mommy.

No comments: