I am a nervous Papi right now. Why? Because we are about to start our 6th week of being in pgn. We are told that something usually happens by your 7th week of being in pgn. Right now the trend seems to be that people are getting previos and are consequently being kicked out. However, right now we are about to start our 6th week of being in pgn and we haven't yet had a previo! Could we actually have the rarely mentioned "clean case?" If so then we could hear something as early as the next two weeks. IF we were to hear something in the next two weeks, it would be another two weeks before we could go to our US Embassy appointment in Guatemala City. After the Embassy appointment, we would be in Guatemala for about 2 days and then we could get on an airplane and be on our way home!
Everything I have mentioned to this point is good news. So, why am I so nervous? Because it is at this stage that, when the phone rings, the person on the other line could be telling us of a previo just as easily as they could be telling us that we are out of pgn. Don't get me wrong, I WANT THE PHONE TO RING!! However, I cannot imagine the emotions that will Holly and I will encounter as we wait those few precious seconds to hear whether we are out or kicked out! IF our case is progressing as it appears, then there is a good chance that our case is on Senior Barrios' desk right now waiting for his final signature! Please Senior Barrios, sign that paper! I am ready to see my baby girl again!
As for a quick update on Holly and Isa, they are both doing well. They are still in Antigua and are regularly getting together with other families in the city for dinners and conversation and local bookstores and coffee houses. The other housemates living in the house in Antigua should be there by now. Their days are usually spent taking care of a few things around the house in the morning and then going into town for shopping or walks through the Plaza Mayor. They often go visit the other families in their condos on the other side of town. A few times during the week, the families all get together for dinner at a local restuarant. It's a little weird to see all of these white North Americans with Guatemalan babies take over a local restaurant!
Shalom,
Chris
No comments:
Post a Comment